Directly Reports to: Foreman
Location: Varies per jobsite
Hours of Operation: Varies per jobsite
The helper position is an entry-level position. Electrical helpers are expected to enroll in the Maryland State Apprenticeship program within their first year of employment. This position will perform a variety of tasks based on the needs of the job site Foreman. The Electrical Helper will begin learning the basics needed to begin their electrical career.
- Cleaning and preparing a job site.
- Loading/unloading materials.
- Follow directions from the Crew Leader to complete tasks related to the project.
- Follow the Crew Leader closely to anticipate the next step and be prepared to complete the task.
- Be able to understand the task at hand to complete it accurately and efficiently.
- Assist Crew Leader with any various tasks related to the project.
- Begin learning basic electrical language and tasks.
- Begin learning to properly and safely operate hand tools.
- Enroll in Maryland State Apprenticeship program within 1 year of hire date.